Sunday 12 December 2010

Felted Crochet Cushion Project!

Wow two posts in two days!  I warned you I had a lot to say!!  A while ago I briefly mentioned  that I am in the middle of writing a Masters Dissertation, well it has taken a long time to get to the point of writing it and by that I mean it's taken years and I am really not proud of this fact.  The trouble is, I can always find a project to do.  Some of them are long term like my hexie blanket which I hope to make huge strides with over Christmas.  Some projects capture my imagination and I just have to get it done.  Over the last couple of weeks I have been working on this felted crochet cushion.  I think it just about works, but I don't think I will be making another.


I simply crocheted two circles using Rowan big wool (100% wool), I crocheted them together and then boil washed them!  



As you can see it is little bunched up, I am hoping that a larger cushion may help a little with this, but I think there will always be some bunching.  I don't think I would use big wool if I did it again either, because it is very thick and quite rigid for a cushion, but it was a way of using up scraps. 

As I type, I have just noticed a whacked out border terrier, Maggie dog taking advantage of the fire I have just lit...
Good night all!  I hope you have all had restfull and rejuvinating weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:0)